I’m not sure about you, but WOW, when my husband and I completed our wedding registry, we got crazy with that little scanner zapper thing!
We walked hand in hand through the crowded aisles of Bed, Bath, & Beyond. We strolled the entire Target store, from one end to the other, eyeing all the possibilities of what love, marriage, and the hopes all these amazing products could add to our lives. LIES! All Lies! 🙂
Here are some of the ridiculous things we registered for and never even used:
- Picnic Basket– I believe the one we registered for was around $50 with cute plates and wine glasses that go inside. I’m pretty sure we still have the tags on it and it’s in our garage. Never used once.
- Portable Camping Stove– We don’t camp. The end. (We do aspire to be glampers one day though) 🙂
- Mojito Glassware Set– This is the exact one we have collecting dust in my kitchen cabinet!
Regardless of those choices, we did make some wise selections that have served us well. We celebrated ten years of marriage last September…..a true accomplishment! Marriage is work people!
Here are my top 3 products that not only survived our ten years of marriage, but they have been heavily used and still work!
- Cuisinart 4 Slice Toaster– My model looks a little different, but it’s pretty much the same thing. I was feeling a little forward thinking at that registry moment and decided to go with the four slice toaster in preparation for the time we had kids. This is probably the only thing I’ve been right on with anticipation of parenting. When our girls want their waffles, they want their waffles. They don’t want to wait for the other sister’s waffles to finish. I also really like the bagel setting and now that I think about it, I don’t think I’ve ever used the defrost button, so maybe I should try that out soon? It’s truly the product that keeps giving, lasting the ages, and is 100% used on a daily basis.
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer– I feel like this product is still a must-have on any new wedding registry list these days. I use mine and find a lot of value in it. It is actually really nice to let your mixes just beat itself while you’re doing other prep work. Could I live without it? yeah. If I’m being super honest, sometimes I wish I had a simple beater. It can feel like an effort to use the stand alone mixer, but let’s be clear, EVERYTHING, is a major effort for me when it comes to cooking. (Insert sigh and no love for cooking attitude) I still recommend getting this if you want a big purchase item on your registry, because it does have a lot of potential uses and will stand the test of time! Plus, there are so many fun colors now! Be you, go crazy.
- White Dish Set– Choosing a classic looking dish set can truly last you a while. Yes, a simple white dish is not very fun or reflective of most personalities, but you can’t go wrong choosing a simple color like white that will compliment any kitchen decor accent colors you choose. The dish set I linked to is not exactly what I registered for, but it’s similar. Mine contained eight dinner plates, salad plates, big bowls, smaller bowls, salt and pepper shakers, and mugs. It wasn’t until this past year that these items were starting to chip and break. Our set is slowly diminishing and as much as my husband doesn’t want to hear it, we will be replacing the entire set very soon.
There you have it! I’d love to know what you still use and/or what you don’t from your wedding registry. Leave a comment. Let’s chat!
These are all great tips! Hunter and I just made our wedding registry not too long ago :). Shortly after we had to go back through everything and ask ourselves, “Okay, are we actually going to use this?!” It’s amazing how much we chiseled off.
So glad this helped Aubrey! Just make sure you kept a couple fun things that you’d never buy yourselves! 🙂
We totally got the picnic basket with the plates and everything, too! We’ve used ours a couple of times…pre-kids of course. Now everything is in zip lock baggies and thrown into a shopping bag or something! Ha!
Ha! True facts! 🙂