Episode 33 is a “normal” type of episode. You’ll hear products/services that I’m pondering, trying, and loving. In addition, I start out with a STRONG LAURA LESSON regarding gift cards and end the episode with a recap of the recent Sweet & Snack Expo 2021 highlighting some of the new snack and candy releases. I’m very happy you chose to stop by my little online space for moms who shop (ummm..that’s everyone). 🙂
You can listen to Episode 33 on your favorite podcast app or simply click the play button below. If you find value, make sure to follow/subscribe (free!) so that you don’t miss any kind of bonus episode I might release. Thank you for being here!
SHOW NOTES: This post contains affiliate links. You don’t pay any extra, and I earn a small commission. I’d also like to call attention if prices I mentioned in this episode were prices I paid at the current time and may not reflect the prices you would pay at the time of reading or listening to this.
Did you listen to Episode 32 about Yoga 101 for the Reluctant Mom with Katy Spartz at Lark+Evergreen? It was a great conversation and went way beyond yoga! Definitely take a listen or visit Katy at her site to learn more.
If you are a Costco Member….look at the gift cards online..not just in store. I found one for Jiffy Lube….$37.99 for a $50 egiftcard at the time of this recording. There are lots of options!
–Walnut Hollow Creative Woodburner Introduction Value Pen for Beginners and Intermediate Woodburners
-Solo Stove: I just can’t seem to let this one go
-I really want to paint my deck. It’s yelling at me
–AnyCart is a new grocery delivery service I’m intrigued with. They say there are no changes or markups when compared to grocery store prices….Tom Thumb, Whole Foods, Amazon, Albertsons came up as options for me. No subscription charges…no delivery fees. I WILL BE TRYING. They make money because they are affiliates for those stores. They serve up recipes so you can hopefully add more items to your cart!
–TikTok– is it worth my time to understand?
Berkey Big Berkey BK4X2 Countertop Water Filter System (make sure you are selecting a REAL Berkey if you want one. Apparently there are counterfeits. This is the one I purchased off Amazon. It came with a hologram seal and is verified. BUT you still need to do your own homework!)
Foxwell NT301 Can OBDII & EOBD Code Reader
-The bunk beds we picked out…Better Homes & Gardens Austen Full Over Twin Bunk Bed with Open Bookshelves
–Woozoo Fan (I can’t locate these on Costco’s website) & Walker Edison Universal Metal Bunk Bed Shelf
-Shortcut Shopper prediction…I think Prime Day will happen again in October. Guess we’ll see!
–Sweet & Snack Expo happened in June and more than 450 exhibitors were there. Food Business Wire highlighted these…..
1.Reese’s Snack Cake (soft baked chocolate cake topped with Reese’s peanut butter cream covered in milk chocolate.
2.Jelly Belly Bean Boozled 6th edition …this where the box of weird flavored jelly belly beans have a spinner inside and then you basically play with other people and have to try the weird flavors. It’s adding two new flavor pairings this year… Liver and onions and its lookalike cappuccino, and then old bandage with its lookalike pomegranate. gross
3.Candy Pop Popcorn with Sour Patch Kids- Perfect Snax worked with Mondelez International Inc to introduce this popcorn with a Redberry drizzle, Sour Patch Kids bits and sour sugar sprinkle……I have to try.
- Juicy Drop Gummy Dip N Stix- Bazooka Candy Brands coming out with gummy candy sticks and sour gel for dipping. Flavors include Watermelon Blast, Blue Rebel, Wild Cherry Berry, and Knock Out Punch
- Famous Amos coming out with Wonders from the World collection: Belgian Chocolate Chip Cookies feature chocolate sourced from Belgium, Philippine Coconut & White Chocolate Chip cookies are made with coconut flakes from the Philippines, and Mediterranean Hazelnut & Chocolate Chip cookies use hazelnuts selected from the Mediterranean Sea.
- Bake Better with Butterfinger Bits- takes Butterfinger candy bar into ready made bits for baking purposes
- Arizona Green Tea Fruit Snacks-interesting. original green tea flavor, apple, mandarin orange and Plumberry
- Haribo Sour Kicks gummies…orange, raspberry, lemon, strawberry, and white grape. sour flavor is infused in the filling not the coating
- Jelly Belly Cocktail Classics- non alcoholic…new flavors include mimosa, gin and tonic, and moscow mule
- Nutella & Go Multigrain Sticks…yum. sticks are made of oats & blueberries. made to dip into Nutella.
- Cow Tales (the candy or caramel) joined forces with Oreo to make Caramel Creams made with Oreo
- Cocoa Pebbles & Fruity Pebbles Candy Bars
- Sour Punch Sweet Bites (more sweet than sour)….dream berry, passion punch, grateful grape, and cotton candy
- YumEarth (my kids like their lollipops)…Choco Yums chocolate candies. They contain no dyes, nuts, soy or dairy. chocolate is fair trade certified and non-gmo project verified. I’ll probably try.